Monday 6 October 2014

More Dismantling

 
More dismantling today, carrying on where I left off, it always seems easier with a fresh start on another day. First out was the top cupboard over the cooker, it came out clean as a whistle after unscrewing myriads of screws of different lengths and sizes, no splintered wood or any damage at all.

 
One of the other cupboards which probably won't be used due to the sloping top, but there are both 12v and 240v spotlights built in underneath which will be used.


This is another or the straight topped cupboards that will be used, complete with speakers and more spotlights underneath with a dimmer switch.


After the cooker came out it was easy enough to take the hob and sink out, in fact it would have been very easy without the cooker out as the screws that secure them to the worktop or on the top, no need to go crawling underneath.

 
The sink came out very easily after finding out from my efforts with the hob where the securing screws were, the fridge was also slipped out of the cabinet but not totally disconnected as there are a myriad cables connected to it, I really need a wiring diagram from somewhere. I know there is 12v in from the starter battery, and 12v from the leisure battery for the gas ignition and the 240v, that should be 7 wires with the 240v earth; well there are a lot more than 7 cables connected so I will have to figure them out and make a drawing with them on. I may decide at this stage to just run the fridge on 240v and 12v when driving at the moment, not sure about more holes in the side of the van, but then again I will cross that bridge when I get to it.
I have decided to use a new worktop for the sink and hob, the existing one has rather an ornate edging which curves out far too wide for the camper, a nice straight edged one would be better I am sure, but the carcases for the cooker and fridge should come out undamaged to use again.

 
After a couple of hours tearing stuff apart I really needed to see a bit of progress in the van so decided, to secure the seating, I can get underneath easily enough to mess about with the electrics and water heater that will be going under there with it secured in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment