Sunday 9 August 2015

Coolbox Update

I have had the coolbox in for a couple of weeks now and I am very pleased with the results, during the day there is no drain on the batteries at all as the solar panels are putting back more than the coolbox is taking out.

Over night the batteries stayed fully charged as the insulation on the coolbox is very good and even on the warmest day it is very rare for the coolbox to switch on except when the lid is lifted to take something out.

I have the temperature set at 4C, which is the recommended temperature to keep milk, margarine etc cool and also to keep fresh foods at their best.

The coolbox can be made into a freezer by turning the temperature down to it's lowest -18C, but it is either one or the other as there is no separate freezer compartment, but I can live with that.

The verdict - it's a lot of money to spend on a coolbox, but it does the job perfectly; no battery drain with the solar panels so it can be left on permanently  and anywhere I go now I have cold water for the boys and a cold drink for me, and when away overnight or longer everything that needs it is kept at the right temperature.

I must stress to anyone contemplating buying a coolbox, it must be a compressor type one if you wish to have it switched on all the time, any other type will drain the batteries and can only be switched on for a short time or when the engine is running.

No comments:

Post a Comment